23.2 C
Accra

Princess Kate has Cancer, Kensington Palace Says Following Health Rumours

Friday's announcement follows weeks of conspiracy theories about her health and whereabouts after she first stepped back from public duties in January to recover from abdominal surgery.

After weeks of rumours and photo manipulation scandals, Kensington Palace has announced that Princess Kate has cancer.

Friday’s announcement follows weeks of conspiracy theories about her health and whereabouts after she first stepped back from public duties in January to recover from abdominal surgery.

In a video announcement, the Princess of Wales, 42, said she was undergoing chemotherapy, breaking her silence after weeks of widespread speculation over her health and whereabouts.

- Advertisement -

In January, the Palace announced Kate’s planned abdominal surgery after news broke that the princess had been admitted to a hospital. This was followed weeks later by the cancer diagnosis of King Charles.


READ ALSO: King Charles III Has Cancer – Buckingham Palace Discloses


Although the surgery was successful, Kate said in her rare video message to concerned fans that “tests after the operation found cancer had been present.”

“This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family. As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment,” Kate said.

- Advertisement -

Watch her full address here:

While you're here, we just want to remind you of our commitment to telling the stories that matter the most.Our commitment is to our readers first before anything else.

Our Picks

THE LATEST

INSIDE POLITICS

Get the Stories Right in Your Inbox

MORE NEWS FOR YOU